No-Stress Guide to a Financial Meeting
You're never too young to meet with a financial planner. It sounds obvious but saving for retirement is easiest when you have more years to save. You’re also able to be riskier with your investments.
Here’s how to make the most of your meeting time:
Before the Meeting
If you’re married, discuss how each of you envisions the future and retirement. Do you want to travel? Buy a boat? Move? Finding your common ground will allow you to come to the meeting with a clear set of shared goals.
If you’re single, find an accountability partner. It should be someone you trust and who knows you well enough to be honest with you. Talk about where you see yourself in retirement and ask them for feedback.
Consider questions such as:
- When would I like to retire?
- What does my dream retirement look like?
- Do I plan to earn additional income after retirement (such as by getting a part-time job)?
- Who will be my beneficiaries?
During the Meeting
Discussing your personal life, goals and finances with a stranger can be uncomfortable. The purpose of this meeting is for them to understand not only where you want to be with your finances, but also where you’re at today.
Expect questions like:
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What’s most important to you?
- What do you want your life to look like?
- What are your financial concerns?
- What are your most important nonfinancial concerns and objectives right now?
- What keeps you up at night?
After the Meeting
If it becomes apparent during your financial meeting that you would like to support ICHS, please let us know. We are happy to discuss, at no obligation, how a gift to the Immaculate Conception High School can fit into your financial plan. Please contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 973.472.7231 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a Financial Planner?
The retirement provider of Immaculate Conception High School can offer free financial services. If interested, please contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 973.472.7231 or via email at email@example.com to set an appointment.